Pure comfort. This soup is hearty, creamy, packed with flavour and completely plant-based. The cauliflower is roasted in a range of herbs and spices from smoked paprika to oregano, and lots of garlic, giving the soup a real depth in flavour. Top with a sprinkle of Aveita’s 100% pure Peruvian organic ginger powder, to give the soup a delicious spicy zing.
1 head cauliflower (chopped into small florets)
1 large potato (chopped roughly into small-medium cubes)
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
½ red onion (roughly chopped)
5-6 cloves garlic (peeled + kept whole)
1 vegetable stock cube
2-3 heaped tbsp coconut cream
5-6 cups water
Salt to taste
Sprinkle Aveita Ginger Powder to top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Prepare a lined baking tray.
- Put the cauliflower into a large bowl and add the turmeric, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano and a touch of salt. Drizzle with around 3-4 tbsp olive oil and give it a good toss, ensuring you coat all the cauliflower florets.
- Spread across the baking tray and nestle the garlic within the cauliflower, ensure it’s spread out.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, give it a stir at the mid way mark. Once done, take out and leave to one side.
- Prepare the potatoes and stock by adding a drizzle of oil to a large pot, then fry the onions until they begin to soften slightly. Add the potatoes a touch of salt, stirring frequently so they don’t stick to the bottom of the pot. After around 5 minutes, add ½ cup water, and cook until the water has evaporated. Repeat this step with another ½ cup water.
- Crumble in the stock cube, and add the rest of the water. Give it a stir and bring the liquid to boil. Add more salt if needed. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer for around 10 minutes, or until the potatoes have cooked through.
- Take off the heat and add the cauliflower and stir in the coconut cream. Either with a handheld blender, or a food processor blitz the soup until it forms into a creamy consistency.
- Serve topped with some ginger powder!
Recipe by Sincerely Aline